Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit helps, and credit will always be given.
You can contribute in many ways:
Types of Contributions¶
Report bugs at https://github.com/dask-image/dask-ndfilters/issues.
If you are reporting a bug, please include:
- Your operating system name and version.
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
Look through the GitHub issues for bugs. Anything tagged with “bug” and “help wanted” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
Look through the GitHub issues for features. Anything tagged with “enhancement” and “help wanted” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
dask-ndfilters could always use more documentation, whether as part of the official dask-ndfilters docs, in docstrings, or even on the web in blog posts, articles, and such.
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue at https://github.com/dask-image/dask-ndfilters/issues.
If you are proposing a feature:
- Explain in detail how it would work.
- Keep the scope as narrow as possible, to make it easier to implement.
- Remember that this is a volunteer-driven project, and that contributions are welcome :)
Ready to contribute? Here’s how to set up dask-ndfilters for local development.
Fork the dask-ndfilters repo on GitHub.
Clone your fork locally:
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:your_name_here/dask-ndfilters.git
Install your local copy into an environment. Assuming you have conda installed, this is how you set up your fork for local development (on Windows drop source). Replace “<some version>” with the Python version used for testing.:
$ conda create -n dask_ndfiltersenv python="<some version>" $ source activate dask_ndfiltersenv $ python setup.py develop
Create a branch for local development:
$ git checkout -b name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Now you can make your changes locally.
When you’re done making changes, check that your changes pass flake8 and the tests, including testing other Python versions:
$ flake8 dask_ndfilters tests $ python setup.py test or py.test
To get flake8, just conda install it into your environment.
Commit your changes and push your branch to GitHub:
$ git add . $ git commit -m "Your detailed description of your changes." $ git push origin name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Submit a pull request through the GitHub website.
Pull Request Guidelines¶
Before you submit a pull request, check that it meets these guidelines:
- The pull request should include tests.
- If the pull request adds functionality, the docs should be updated. Put your new functionality into a function with a docstring, and add the feature to the list in README.rst.
- The pull request should work for Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6. Check https://travis-ci.org/dask-image/dask-ndfilters/pull_requests and make sure that the tests pass for all supported Python versions.
To run a subset of tests:
$ python -m unittest tests.test_dask_ndfilters